Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
There is something lonely and sad about one shoe lying near a beach.
This one was left near the carpark at Portsea Ocean Beach.
A single blue shoe
Looking as if it was loved
Now lost and alone
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Shadowy outdoor chess game at the Boneo Maze and Wetlands on the southern end of the Mornington Peninsula
Waiting to make a wise move
Game of shadow play
Linking to: Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
In the spirit of the Halloween season, this photo has been slightly photo edited.
But the sign itself (and mounting area) is direct from the Boneo Maze and Wetlands on the Mornington Peninsula.
They're born to perform
Signs are under tough pressure
To cast a clear voice
Sensational Haiku Wednesday - Pressure
Hump Day Haiku
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
The Tube Slide is a popular feature for all ages at the Enchanted Maze Garden, Arthurs Seat.
Riding and sliding
Thrill of racing the Tube Slide
Ruby Tuesday 2
Monday, October 22, 2012
The above photo was taken at Dromana beach at this time last year!
This year we are still wearing jackets with just the occasional glimpse of warmth later in the day.
The little beach tent
Longing to see them emerge
A sign of summer
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Carriage setting out on a journey near Flinders Street Station, Melbourne.
Horses and wheels and carriage
Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Michael Leeworthy is a well known Red Hill artist.
His home is his gallery and he offers information on interesting walking trails in the Red Hill area.
He also offers art classes and self-contained accommodation adjacent to his gallery.
An artistic space
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Walking (or riding) the coastal tracks on the Mornington Peninsula is a very popular past time.
These riders are near Rye beach.
A sense of friendship and fun
Enjoying the views
Ruby Tuesday 2
Monday, October 15, 2012
The block of necessity at Rye beach has a colourful blue profile.
Who said that these amenities need to look ordinary?
Colourful mural awaits
Reflecting beach scenes
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Shadows round the eternal flame outside the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne.
Symbol for soldiers
Flame of lasting remembrance
Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Friday, October 12, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Love the soft outline of a boat in this sign outside the shopping centre I visit once a week.
A sign of water
A sign of sand, waves and boats
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Horse and carriages - popular with tourists - are a familiar sight round inner Melbourne streets.
A horse and carriage
Once an ev'ry day item
Now a special treat
Ruby Tuesday 2
Monday, October 8, 2012
Sunday, October 7, 2012
The crimson rosella, when young, has many shades of blotchy colours.
This video was taken this morning on our Dromana Hills verandah.
Always lively and chatty
The Bird D'Pot
Year 9 students from my school waiting for a tour of Melbourne's Shrine of Remembrance to begin.
Shadows round a shrine
Waiting for the light inside
To show the old way
Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Friday, October 5, 2012
Thursday, October 4, 2012
This sign at Point Leo on Westernport Bay always amuses me.
Why this name, I don't know.
All I know is that it is a reef area protecting an expanse of water.
It's very popular for beginning surfboard riders and SUP's (stand up paddlers).
I think of eating
I think of chocolate bars
I'm not a surfer
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
More blogs about greyscaleterritory.
- Wrapped in a Shoe
- Lonely Blue
- Chess at Boneo
- Coolart Sundial
- Boneo Maze Walk
- Robin Park
- It's a Tough Call
- Tube Slide
- Summer Blues are Slow This Year!
- Carriage Shadows
- A Silent World
- Softly whispering over wetlands...
- Michael Leeworthy
- Cyclists by Rye Beach
- Colourful Block of Necessity
- Eternal Flame Shadows
- Unfurling Spring
- Rainbow Touch
- Rosebud Beach Sign
- Thistle Perspective
- Go For a Ride?
- Blue Imagination
- Young Crimson Rosella
- Melbourne Shrine Shadows
- Snack in Black and White
- In Pink
- Crunchie Point
- Nipper Sails
- Blue Secret
- ▼ October (33)
- ► 2011 (712)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title