Interior view of the heritage homestead of Coolart, Balnarring
3WW #CCLVI ~ drag + mumble + penetrate
Drag out old lifestyles
Penetrate the subconscious
Mumble vague secrets
Hosted by Thom @ Three Word Wednesday
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
An unusual feature outside a section of the Casey Council sports complex!
I am not sure if this is simply advertising the indoor waterslide or somehow extends from it!
Midweek Blues meme
Swinging inside blues
Like an enclosed water slide
Sport with attitude
Hosted by Rebecca Haegele @ The Dusty Cellar
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Each winter, some Dromana boatsheds get a paint makeover.
The first two in the foreground are examples!
Mellow Yellow Monday #136
Fresh sunny boatsheds
Gleaming features on the beach
Icons of the bay
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
This mural is on the side of a boatshed at Dromana beach.
It symbolises old Dromana worlds.
The railway tracks used to run along the pier (just visible on the left) to transport goods from Dromana onto boats bound for Port Melbourne.
PhotoHunt #280 ~ Symbolic
Like pencilled sketchings
Symbolic shapes of old worlds
Hosted by tnchick
My little Shakespeare figurine that has travelled many journeys with me
Weekend in Black and White meme
Wherefore art thou friend
Are you cast in some legend
Or lost in our souls
Hosted by Dragonstar
Friday, August 26, 2011
At one end of Dromana beach, the sandbank is collapsing and some boatsheds are at risk of slipping toward the sea.
Rocks have been introduced to support the bank.
SkyWatch Friday #150
Sands slowly moving
Man's constructions are at risk
Mother Nature rules
Hosted by Sandy Wren Sylvia
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Most Coca-Cola signs I have seen are red.
This one on a white car in a Dromana carpark was a very simple black one.
Signs, Signs meme
Subdued in new colour scheme
The car only has a single, very fine sweeping line of red.
Signs, Signs is hosted by Lesley
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
A seagull seems to be performing a watery happy dance at Dromana beach!
Watery Wednesday #154
PicStory #12 ~ Water
Enjoy a shower
Dance in the falling flurry
Wet feathers feel great
Hosted by 2sweetnsaxy aka T. Bruce
PicStory Tuesday is hosted by Tina
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
An interesting emblem on the side of a yacht at Blairgowrie
The boat's name was Wilderness Wear.
Ruby Tuesday meme
Like a frilled necked lizard
Like living pre-history
Like a legend sign
Hosted by maryt/the teach @ Work of the Poet
Monday, August 22, 2011
This protea in my Dromana Hills garden always fascinates me.
The soft textures in the centre and the soft red colours are unique.
As its colour fades, its tawny textures are stunning too.
Today's Flowers #157
Red Hot Monday meme
Macro Monday meme
Gentle ruby blush
Strong vibrant textures and shapes
Soft fluffy heartland
Hosted by TODAY'S FLOWERS TEAMLUIZ SANTILLI JR. DENISE IN VIRGINIA LAERTE PUPO SANDY CARLSON
Red Hot Monday is hosted by Kerslyn
Hosted by Lisa @ Lisa's Chaos
Mellow winter sunlight creates a yellow effect on walls and even on the lampshade cover which is actually white!
Mellow Yellow Monday #135
When walls turn mellow
When the sun enjoys playtime
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Sunday, August 21, 2011
A recent view of a still wintry Dromana beach from the pier.
Just visible on the left are a series of colourful boatsheds.
Anthony's Nose juts out in the background.
Shadow Shot Sunday #170
Waters are still chilled
Holidaymakers still gone
Beach still beautiful
Hosted by Tracy @ Hey Harriet
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Many misty mornings have enveloped the Mornington Peninsula lately.
But with the touch of wattle's yellow, there is still a beauty.
SkyWatch Friday #149
Shrouded morning skies
Like soft whispering secrets
Hosted by Sandy Wren Fishing Guy Sylvia
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Unusual little chalkboard sign just near the entrance to the gardens of the heritage property of Heronswood, Dromana
Signs, Signs meme
Recessed little sign
Droplets of information
Chalk waiting for change
Signs, Signs is hosted by Lesley
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- ► 2012 (462)
- White Garden Statue
- A Water Slide?
- School Haiku
- Sunny Boatsheds
- Palm Illusion
- Shakespeare Figurine
- Lonely Boat
- Shifting Sands
- Coca-Cola in a New Dress
- Seagull Happy Dance
- Strange Boat Emblem
- When walls turn mellow...
- A Fringe of Shadow
- Look Deep
- What Sky?
- Chalkboard Sign
- Winter Waters at Schnapper Point
- Just a Touch of Red
- Spring Means Wattle
- Almost Spring!
- Shadows to Reflections
- Friendship and Dreams
- Like walking signs...
- Boat Reflections
- Like a burst of morning...
- Silvered Winter Waters
- Blairgowrie Boatsheds
- Little Yellow Boat
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title