Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Entrance to the Brighton International, Melbourne
One Single Impression #144 ~ Meld
Classical and modern meld
Grand sense of drama
Hosted by Andrée and SandyCarlson
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Distant lights of a ship sailing Port Phillip Bay as viewed from Dromana, Mornington Peninsula
Digital Fun Challenge #8 ~ Light
A ship sails by night
Like a trail of fairy lights
Jewels in the darkness
Hosted by BLOGitse
Microfiction Monday #59 ~ where a picture paints 140 characters, or even fewer. Susan says:
Photos will be from my own archives; illustrations are from Dover Publications' free clipart sample newsletter.
I know she looks like a man in a long-haired wig.
But mark my words dear King
She will be a sweet wife for your son keeping him in line.
Hosted by Susan (Ireland) @ Stony River
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Detail of a beautiful Harley parked outside the Portsea Hotel, Mornington Peninsula
Macro Monday #114
Ride in Harley style
Bold emblems mean uniqueness
Hosted by Lisa @ Lisa's Chaos
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Competitive and casual bike riding is a very popular sport at the weekend on the Mornington Peninsula.
Mellow Yellow Monday #99
Joy of bike riding
Rigorous, fun exercise
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Carry on Tuesday #81 ~ This week we have the first line of Elton John and Tim Rice’s song from The Lion King, The Circle of Life:
From the day we arrive on the planet...
In the beginning
When first we knew planet earth
We longed to explore
Some soared to great heights
Some dived to darkest of depths
Some just walked the walk
In the beginning
When first we breathed on the earth
Life became a wheel
A wheel of fortune
A wheel of raw heat and ice
A wheel of reason
Hosted by Keith's Ramblings
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Spring bud waiting to flower in my garden in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Haiku Heights #19 ~ Instinct
Today's Flowers #121
Knowing when to grow
Knowing when to fade away
Features of instinct
Sensing the season
Tuned to atmospheric moods
Spirit of instinct
Haiku Heights is hosted by Leo
Hosted by TODAY'S FLOWERS TEAM
LUIZ SANTILLI JR. DENISE IN VIRGINIA LAERTE PUPO SANDY CARLSON
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ When it's raining and Shadow still wants to be outside, she heads for an old lounge in the carport to ensure dry comfort.
You can see the dampness on the woods behind her.
Pet Pride meme
Let it rain and rain
Watch from comforting cushions
Wise gems from Shadow
Hosted by Bozo and magiceye @ wingsandpaws
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Macro profile of a kookaburra on my verandah in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Macro Monochrome #55
A joy of laughter each day
Tiny winged wisdom
Macro Monochrome is hosted by Birgitta Rudenius
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Old Dromana Hotel, Mornington Peninsula has an unusual facade of fluted, old Greek-like pillars.
I also don't know of many yellow hotels!
Unique Exposure's Photo Challenge ~ Pub
Old columns and lights
Eccentric hotel facade
Unique Exposure's Photo Challenge is hosted by xerraire
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ With all the weeks of rain we have had here on the Mornington Peninsula, it was inevitable that at some time I would post a view of rain!
Beauty of raindrops
Like Nature's broken pendant
Weekend Nature #28 ~ Just Raindrops
THIS WILL BE THE FINAL WEEKEND NATURE
Thank you to those who linked and shared their posts!
WELCOME TO WEEKEND NATURE
Here you may post ANYTHING - landscapes or macros - related to Nature
animals - wild or domestic
birds - wild or domestic
Grab the badge for your post or simply link back with a permalink!
(LINKS will usually open Sundays at 7:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time)
*** PLEASE - Include your NAME + COUNTRY(initials will do!)
e.g. Gemma, AUS
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ I could not believe that I managed to see (and capture) this in the late afternoon clear sky after a rainy morning in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
SOOC Sunday #107
Like parallel lines
Like a tiny sailing toy
Like signs in the sky
Hosted by Jan @ murrieta365.com
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ I don't know what these Spring flowers are.
But I found them in several Dromana gardens, on the Mornington Peninsula.
Flowers on Saturday #10
Like soft white fingers
Holding golden crucibles
Touched with a deep kiss
Hosted by Ewa
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Chair and large ornamental vase/goblet in my dentist's waiting room.
(Timing to take a photo of this while the receptionist wasn't looking kept my mind off other things!)
Weekend in Black and White meme
Fragments of sunlight at play
A sense of stillness
Hosted by Dragonstar
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Strange to see just two mailboxes side by side like this at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula
Odd mailbox friendship
Side by side strength in numbers
Like cottage and fence
Weekend Mailbox #33 ~ Friends Forever?
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WEEKEND MAILBOX!
(This pairs with Beth's Postcard Friendship Friday HERE!)
LINKS OPEN Saturday at 2:05am Eastern Australia time - Melbourne
A few introductory comments:
1. Post a photograph of ANYTHING that relates to mailboxes.
Here are a few ideas/subjects!
even VIRTUAL letters
2. Your link must be a "permalink" and go directly to your Weekend Mailbox post.
3. Link back to Weekend Mailbox in your post tags.
4. You may like to use the Weekend Mailbox badge located in this post or on the sidebar! Right click and save it on your computer. When you add it to your post, ensure you click on the image and link it to Gemma's Greyscale Territory. Then others may follow the link here.
P.S. I am aware that U.S. has official mailboxes.
But anything related to mail is great for this meme!
It's OK to think outside "the mailbox"!!!
N.B. As I think of extra possibilities, I will add them to the list!
You may even like to suggest some!
***PLEASE - Add your NAME + COUNTRY (initials)
e.g. Gemma, AUS
and link to Linky Tools below.
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ As light fades, a last glimmer of sunset lights reflects in a glass door leading to my verandah.
Weekend Reflections #62
Pink glow closing day
Like a small passing film frame
A flash and it's gone
Hosted by James (Pennsylvania, US) at Newtown Area Photo
Friday, November 26, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Parade of flags at the Dandenong Basketball Stadium, Melbourne
Color Carnival #67
Sport is a time to challenge
Color Carnival is hosted by onangelwings
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ One of several sculptures (by William Ricketts), set into the garden wall at Seawinds, Arthurs Seat, Mornington Peninsula
Thematic Photographic #125 ~ Sepia
An old rugged face
Viewing life through the seasons
Spirit of wisdom
Thematic Photographic is hosted by Carmi Levy
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A beautiful little boutique shop at Mornington.
This shop sells all manner of artworks from paintings, to sculptures, to mirrors, to lighting, to designer accessories.
Friday My Town Shoot Out ~ Shop Fronts
Creatively shaped colours
Friday My Town Shoot Out is hosted by Sarah
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- December (11)
- November (30)
- October (31)
- September (30)
- August (31)
- July (31)
- June (30)
- May (31)
- April (30)
- March (31)
- February (29)
- January (36)
- December (37)
- November (31)
- October (33)
- September (41)
- August (38)
- July (38)
- June (35)
- May (39)
- April (40)
- March (35)
- February (49)
- January (46)
- December (34)
- November (51)
- October (47)
- September (43)
- August (33)
- July (42)
- June (41)
- May (54)
- April (73)
- March (92)
- February (69)
- January (133)
- December (105)
- Kayak in Waiting
- Classical Meets Modern
- Ship Lights
- In Line
- Harley Style
- In the beginning...
- Out of the Rain
- Cheese Begins With...
- Kookaburra Profile
- Hotel Dromana Facade
- Weekend Nature #28 ~ Just Raindrops
- Sky Rails
- Like a Mandala...
- Romance of Flowers
- Fragmented Sunlight
- Weekend Mailbox #33 ~ Friends Forever?
- Evening Reflections
- Parade of Flags
- Seawinds Sculpture
- Boutique Art
- Close at Hand
- Morning Delight
- Wander to Coolart
- Thanksgiving Wordle
- Black Heart
- Little Garden Bird Bath
- Old Farm Ways
- And Then There's Kayaking!
- Forever Blue
- Rosebud Plaza Entrance
- Oz Dive
- Candid Shopping
- Old Buttery and Meathouse
- Slowly Motoring!
- Weekend Nature #27 ~ Black Cockatoos
- Close to Nature
- Friday Revival
- Where the shadows walk...
- Silent Music
- Domed Skylight
- Gathering on the Last Day
- There is more to a poppy...
- Weekend Mailbox #32 ~ Pillar Mail
- Blue Clouds
- Red Hill Walkway
- A Bokeh Close of Day
- Dampened Blues
- Red Hill Spa
- Wildlife Sign
- Designer Web
- Kookaburra's Tail
- Massage Tips
- Weekend Nature #26 ~ New Leaves
- Like a Greek Acropolis
- Shadows of Music
- Older and Younger
- Gentle Majesty of a Rose
- Balnarring Art Gallery Sign #2
- Flower Shadows
- Weekend Mailbox #31 ~ Barrel of Fun
- Kitchen Reflections
- Wheels Friday #20 ~ Spot the Difference!
- Moody Skies and Dromana Beach
- Remembrance Day 2010
- A Gift of Flowers
- Blue Waters of Point Nepean
- Symphony of Waves
- Water Carrier
- I Sea I Care
- Beauty of an Iris
- Desperately Seeking Yellow!
- Urban Colours and Shapes
- Iris in Monochrome
- Scenic Spring Greens
- Weekend Nature #25 ~ Rocks on the Move
- Measuring Eternity?
- Weird Spider
- Shadows of Melbourne Arts Centre
- Laughter Alive!
- Black and White Collection
- Morning Life
- Weekend Mailbox #30 ~ A Pillar of Elegance
- Black Watery Beauty
- Apple Blossom Visitor
- Wheels Friday #19 ~ Cobb and Co
- Eerie Morning Sky
- BlogBlast for Peace ~ I Began Blogging for Peace i...
- Blue Skies, Blue Hills and Blue Waters
- Swan and Cygnet
- Black Swans
- A Stage of Shadows
- A Little Splash of Yellow
- October (110)
- September (104)
- August (107)
- July (106)
- June (73)
- May (74)
- April (62)
- March (60)
- February (50)
- January (49)
- December (52)
- November (36)
- October (67)
- September (100)
- August (110)
- July (100)
- June (83)
- May (70)
- April (70)
- March (63)
- February (30)
- January (59)
- December (67)
- November (103)
- October (83)
- September (74)
- August (77)
- July (83)
- June (51)
- May (38)
- April (71)
- March (51)
- February (16)
- January (57)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title