Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Sea of white feathers on the wing at Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula (click to enlarge for full effect)
Heads or Tails #84 ~
HEADS - See
TAILS - Sea
Like foam on the waves
Churning whirl of life on the wing
Sea of white feathers
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ In the Dromana Hub Shopping Centre carpark, Mornington Peninsula, I found Jim's Mobile Dog Wash red van right near a red car.
And in the background, you can just see the red of the entrance to the shopping centre.
I could not believe my good luck!
Ruby Tuesday meme
Red upon red worlds
Surprise nook of one colour
Monday, March 30, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ This mailbox is at Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula.
There is a small gully beneath the ramp to the home's front door.
And the wooden door to the ramp is embedded with a mailbox.
Mailbox Monday #20
Odd Shot Monday meme
Arches open to the sky
Don't forget the mail
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Hastings on Westernport Bay, Mornington Peninsula
In the background (click to enlarge) you can see the shapes of refineries and a hint of flame and smoke.
It could be a picturesque marina...
One Single Impression #57 ~ Smoke
Where there's scents of smoke
Curling wisps of glowing flame
Fire burns secretly
Where cloud is grey white
Still grey white on sunny days
Smoke leers knowingly
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Small, contained fire burning rubbish in the "safer" winter months at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry docking at Sorrento pier, Mornington Peninsula.
Just behind the ferry in this photo, the Port Phillip Bay waters lead out through The Rip into Bass Strait and then Tasmania.
Scenic Sunday #37
Beauty of waters
My world is Port Phillip Bay
I dream of waters
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ These tiny flowers are just beginning to open at the beginnning of Autumn on the Mornington Peninsula.
They open in swirls and seem to grow in tiered clusters on my archway vine.
I have no idea what they are.
Today's Flowers #33
Like swirls of lilac
Subtle arcs of gentle white
Sweet unknown beauty
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Shadows inside Flinders Yacht Club overlooking Westernport Bay, Mornington Peninsula
Note: I am actually taking the photo through glass on one side, looking inside and out through the other side of glass.
That is why there is an odd reflection, top right on the roof.
Shadow Shot Sunday #45
Shadows by the sea
Reflections from inner souls
Dreams in glass houses
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Just a week ago, I held this Harmony Day badge in my hand.
But that was a week ago.
It is one thing to hold a Harmony Day badge in the hand, but it is quite another to put the hands into harmony inspired action.
It is one thing to talk the talk, but quite another to walk the walk.
PhotoHunt #155 ~ Hands
Hands across waters
Hands and feet in harmony
Connecting as one
Collage by Gemma Wiseman
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Sculpture of books near my lounge room window.
They are not real.
Just a fanciful piece of art which suits my spirit always seeking that "something different".
Sepia Scenes #23
Balance of old gilt edged books
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Entrance to the Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula branch of the CFA.
The Country Fire Authority has now evolved to become one of the world's largest volunteer based emergency management organisations.
There are currently more than 1,200 CFA brigades servicing the operational areas throughout regional Victoria (except state forests and parks) and outer metropolitan Melbourne.
See the CFA website for more details.
Ruby Tuesday meme
So many victims of fires
CFA saves lives
Monday, March 23, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A touch of mellow yellow Autumn peeping over a fence at Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula
Mellow Yellow Monday #11
Autumn mellow golds
Like the last glitter of stars
Make a wish for luck
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Home at Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula with blue wrought iron gate and blue trim on the home
Blue Monday meme
Blue wrought iron gate way
Touches of spiralling tides
Spirit of the sea
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A view of the many boats moored round Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula
Sunday Scenery meme
Boats limping with tides
Magnetic horizon lights
Journeys in waiting
WHETHER WE LIVE UPSTREAM OR DOWNSTREAM,
WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT.
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Unusual flowers in the lovely Sorrento reserve overlooking Port Phillip Bay, Mornington Peninsula
P.S. This flower may be one I have never seen before on the east coast of Australia, but apparently it is called sedum and is quite common in Canada.
In October, it flowers in Finland.
Today's Flowers #32
Dusky pink posies
Autumn's last kiss of flowers
Like fading lipstick
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- ► 2012 (462)
- ► 2011 (712)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- Sea of White Wings
- Red Nook
- Odd Mailbox Ramp
- Drop of Gold
- Dolphin Fantasy
- Classical Rendezvous
- Hidden Agenda of Smoke
- My World by the Bay
- Lilac and White Swirls on the Vine
- Dreams Across the Water
- Shadow Grids
- Hands and Feet in Harmony
- Cockatoo Acrobatics
- An interpretation of book art
- Beyond the Shore
- CFA Sorrento
- Falling Gold, Falling Stars
- Monochrome Dimensions
- Tall Gateway of Blue
- Journeys in Waiting
- Dusky Autumn Flowers
- Celebrating World Water Day 2009
- Together in Shadow
- Harmony Day + World Poetry Day
- Baby Wisdom
- Pendant by subtle magic...
- Crystal Waters in the Mist
- Ireland's Day
- Twists of Nature
- Fishing for Mermaids
- Other Insights
- Emerald Vineyard Landscapes
- Vineyard Art
- Imagine an Inner Glow
- Simple Joys of Summer
- And having writ moves on....
- Watery Horizons
- Sacred Ruby
- Monday's Landscape in Blue
- Last Wave of Summer Flowers
- Wings Don't Mean Angel
- Mellow Yellows are Falling
- Fork + Spoon + Knife
- A little white in a sea of emeralds...
- Imagined Grandeur
- Shadowed Black Suit
- Quiet Beauty
- Just a Touch
- There is something about a Friday...
- Creamy Waves in the Sky
- Summer is the Beach
- Sepia Arcs
- Red Hill Football
- Blue Shell Art
- A Cup of Mellow Yellow Shells
- Raindrops on a Rose
- Angel Magic
- Eternity Rings
- A Few Rainy Steps
- Green Becomes Greener
- It's Raining!!!!
- Tempered Harmony
- Shadow Art of Trees
- ▼ March (63)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title