AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

AWARD! Thank you Sabine at Days of My Life in Gozo


I am feeling quite humble! The delightful Sabine at Days of My Life in Gozo has given me this award! She is an ardent traveller who adores photography!
Her blog is a pleasure to wander and, in my case, a place to dream of far places!

Now to pass this on! But first, a little duty must be performed!

Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you have posted your award.

Publish these rules:

Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support. Grant the prize to 6 people.

6 THINGS I VALUE

1. My precious soulmate
2. My son and daughter
3. My teaching high school students and trying to make a difference in their lives!
4. My writing + photography (though I am only an amateur but a passionate one)
5. Health and fitness ~ especially walking the beach any weathers!
6. My laptop that is an extension of all my crazy ideas!

6 THINGS I DO NOT SUPPORT

1. War or long held grudges ~ either national or personal vendettas
2. Violence of any kind, but especially towards children and animals. I am especially anti child soldiers!
3. Poverty and hunger in the Third World
4. Arrogance or self-importance
5. Materialism as a high priority in life
6. Devaluation of Nature's importance

O help! And now the difficult choice! Here are my 6 people!

1. Tracy at Hey Harriet
2. Sandra Ree at Bubble Babble
3. Annette at In This Life
4. Sharon at Sweet Repose
5. Bobbi at Bobbity Blog
6. Healingstones at Stoneweaver
~
All these bloggers have a range of stunning, creative ideas in different fields! Check them out!

6 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Oh shucks! Thanks so much Gemma for passing this award along to me. Wow! I'm very touched!

I think you and I are on the same wavelength, after reading your list. Actually I kind of thought that before reading your list anyways! And I remember we are the same star sign also. Always trying to find balance with our Libran scales & justice & fairness being all important in the world. I'll shoosh now & just say thanks again. It's much appreciated coming from such a creative soul as yourself. xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gemma, i too am very flattered receiving this award from you!! I can relate to your lists as well, and i'm certain some of those will be also on mine!! thanks again, Annette x

A Wild Thing said...

WOW...Thank you so much sweet lady! As you know you are the mentor of my muse. If you hadn't suggested what could be done, all this beauty and passion would still be awaiting discovery. My day begins and ends on your thoughts...thank you so much for being you...and for the award.

I now have two worlds, one of the sisters of the trash(antiques) and the other, soul sisters of the mind and heart. All cherished friends in this wonderful world of blog.

Your friend from across the pond,
sharon

Bobbi said...

Wow, thanks Gemma. That really means a lot to me. I love that we can all share and reach out and touch eachother in different ways from different parts of the world! You have made my day. It's still Sunday here, but tomorrow I will get thinking about my list of 6! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lovely surprise. I am honoured to be on your list. I echo what the others have said - it is so heartening to be part of this creative and positive community. Now to decide on 6 blogs (I'm presuming I can't include you - as you would def be on my list!) Thank you.

SandraRee said...

Gemma, when I read your comment you left on my blog, I came right over and didn't see this, I saw a beautiful photo of a beach instead! lol Thank you sweet lady for this award! :D

I'm very honored to be on this list. And I definitely agree with each and every one of your 6 values that are important to you and the 6 things you do not support. They are spot on!

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful week! xo

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails