AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Doggie Worlds


Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ I was a curiosity to these dogs at Shoreham, Mornington Peninsula
~
Totally Optional Prompts ~ Three Dogs
~

DOG A: I refuse to bark at you ~
But don't think you can slip by
My intense
Curiosity ~
Please note
That tightly wired mesh on
My gate is
There for a reason ~
Your safety
~

DOG B: I may look like the rear guard ~
My careless
Seated pose is just
The role I play ~
My personal Dog Plan B is
Ready for action ~
Keep your eyes on my eyes and
Keep walking
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ My faithful dog that has travelled with me from a home in Sydney, to Tasmania and now to the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria
~
SOPHOCLES: I am a gentle, weighty giant
Zealously guarding the spirits of home
Wherever that may be ~
I have travelled many worlds and
My beauty is flaking
Just a little ~
But I will be there
Always
For as long as she wants
To keep my soul
Alive
~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...had me smiling!

Elizabeth said...

I am a great dg lover so appreciated this post!
The terriers are lovely.
Greetings from New York.

Anonymous said...

Love this dog post!

Paz

Crafty Green Poet said...

made me smile too!

anthonynorth said...

Really enjoyed those. And that last dog was very good.

Linda said...

Love the point of view you took here!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to meet what is obviously a much loved companion in that last picture and poem!

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, how nifty! Gotta love it - the dialog is great!

Stan Ski said...

The first two look like cute bundles of fluff - from a safe distance. The third looks like it's had a few adventures of its own. You can't beat a good 'solid' companion.

Anonymous said...

those are great gemma... having a dog and a walker too you have to hit on the dog's voice... it's as if they wait just for a passerby to bark or communicate with.. some bark like crazy and others just sit and watch.. never stops amazing me.. and then the watch dog at your door, those last two lines are beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I liked the last poem but it was sorta sad in a way. Like the only reason he lives is because his owner chooses him to live. I guess that is the same for all of our hopes and dreams...our hopes live as long as we make the actual choice to keep them alive.

I wrote three poems for this prompt but I posted them in three different posts... Dogs of War, Two Pets and My Dog Tom

-Bev

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails